Berean Baptist Church was founded in June of 1892, meeting in a chapel on the northwest corner of Coit and Travis. Since 1902, it has been at its present location on the southeast corner of Coit and Sweet while the present sanctuary dates to 1929. Over the years, Berean has maintained a dedication to reaching others locally and globally with the gospel of Jesus. As a result, since the 1920s we have sent and supported over 100 missionaries throughout the world. We also have felt called to maintain our location in our current neighborhood, seeing it as our immediate field of ministry. Our desire is to continue to grow as a strong community of faith that is a blessing to our neighbors. We praise God for his faithfulness as we celebrated our 125th anniversary in June of 2017 and look forward to many more years of his faithfulness as we seek to serve him for as long as the Lord tarries.